Monday, March 3, 2008

Mumiy Troll

Marina and I had the wonderful opportunity of seeing a first-rate Russian band here in DC last weekend, Mumiy Troll. Any of you (I don't know if anyone outside of my family even reads these posts. Actually, I don't even know if anyone in my family reads these! But, I digress...) who aren't already familiar with the band should check them out:

https://www.mumiytroll.com/

They are on tour promoting their new album, AMBA. After seeing them live, I know that their latest album is going to soon be a part of my music collection :D They're wonderful performers, both musically and choreographically. My only complaint was that their show was a bit short... Somewhere around 1.5 hours... There may have been a time limit imposed on them by the venue they were playing since it doubles as a night club, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt there. In all other ways a wonderful performance, though, so my hat's off to you, Mumiy Troll. Spasibo shto vi priyehal izdies, v Washingtone. Hope I got that Russian correct :)

Everyone who reads this needs to go to this website and vote for one of my pics:

http://amba.com.mt/

To get to my set, just click on the green link on the bottom of the page once the flash movie loads. Then, click on the tree in about the middle of the page. If you don't see any of my pictures right off, click one of the leaves on either the middle-left side of the photo page or in the middle-top of the page. Sorry the site's in Russian; but I really need your votes! I GREATLY appreciate any of you actually taking the time to do this.

So, that's the only major update from me. I'm going to be adding some more pics soon. One set will be from the Youth Auction that was held by Metropolitan Memorial UMC where I volunteer with the Youth Group. We were able to raise a good amount of money for our summer missions trips. The auction went better than any of us organizers could have dreamed it would. The kids involved deserve a big hand for all their efforts!

On that note, I'll leave the blogosphere for now. Keep returning for more updates on the goings on in my life and Marina's. Talk to everyone later.

Tim