Monday, July 6, 2009

From CCNP to CCIE Wireless?!

This past week (June 28 - July 3) I was able to attend the Cisco Live! 2009 Conference in San Francisco; what a treat! While taking in as many classes as I could (I only missed a single session!) and enjoying the afterhours social activities, I also managed to take the final test in my CCNP certification! Yeah! I passed the ONT test (642-845) with an 89% to complete my CCNP. The first 5 questions threw me for such a loop that I didn't think I would pass... Things got better from there, however, much to my pleasure :)

I spent the next few days trying to decide where I see myself progressing (or digressing, gasp!) from here. After much seeking, I've decided that the CCIE Wireless will be the way to go. While I feel the CCIE Routing and Switching is probably more applicable to the networking world as a whole, I also think that the Routing and Switching exam could cover a lot more material, where the Wireless seems a bit more focused. And, there's absolutely nothing stopping me from going for the Routing and Switching once I have Wireless under my belt!

I made a few key contacts while at Cisco Live! that I'm hoping to follow up on - people who are also interested in obtaining their CCIE Wireless certs. Hopefully I'll be blogging in the days to come about my progress on that front.

Labels: