Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ensuring that traffic to/from APs arrives on the same controller port

My good friend Leigh is really doing a bang up job on his blog...  Putting me to shame!  It's given me motivation to make the following post though.

Here's something that I just read in the WLC Configuration Best Practices:

"With the Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(33)SXH6, there is an option for PFC3C mode chassis to exclude VLAN in the Load-distribution . Use the port-channel load-balance src-dst-ip exclude vlan command in order to implement this feature. This feature ensures that traffic that belongs to a LAP that enters on the same port."

The bold is original, I added the italics for emphasis.  On my configs I've always used port-channel load-balance src-dst-ip, but never exclude vlan...  Seems like a good thing to try my next go-round.

Labels: , , , ,